Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Slimy Note Fiend calls again

To those of you who don't know who SNF is see here.

Yesterday he called me:

SNF: Just a quick question, is law school harder than Justice?
OB: Umm yeah.. It's law...
SNF: I am about to fail a subject by 1% so I sent an email to the unit co-ordinator teller her she marks to hard.
OB: Your Brave.

(This woman is S C A R Y, picture little old lady meets Attila the Hun)

SNF: I know, she told me I am an insolent arrogant man with limited understanding of the subject matter. I am taking this higher.
OB:... Good for you?
SNF: So is law black and white with minimal wank? What is it like

At this point I stared to tell him about contracts and the pain that is associated, I managed about 4 words.

SNF: Just the bullet points, I don't want a story.
OB: Yeah it is hard, 3x the work.

SNF: OK, I have a lawyer friend that said (I stopped listening about here)
OB: OK see ya..

The path way I used to get into law was the same as this SNF, only I am yet to fail a Justice unit (Other Degree for those who read my other incoherent ramblings). Justice and Law share one common subject Foundations A, now this subject is no walk in the park but it is by far easier than the other law subjects. The subject he is talking about is a very very liberal, go hug an indigenous type subject, I hated it but I still see the value in it. And to fail at it is kind of pathetic (1st year 1st semester basic subject). A few months ago we had another phone chat:

SNF: Hi OB, just a quick question, how many time does it take you to read a case?
OB: Sometimes once, mostly a few times, depends on the principal and who wrote the judgement.
SNF: Hmm, must be just me who only needs to read them once. See ya.
*click*

SNF IS an arrogant, obnoxious, rude pest.

I do hope he gets into law, and gets accepted at the bar if only for one selfish reason, I would love come up against him in court, it would be so, so, so, much fun.

I have to pack, tomorrow I am travelling to the outback to see family. Lucky me... - Obiter

No comments:

Post a Comment